The Freeport Animal Hospital
The Freeport Animal Hospital was founded in 1930 by Dr. Tunner, who was later joined
by Dr. Held and Dr. Smith (1945). Dr. McGregor joined the practice in 1956. Our current veterinarians are Dr. Condie (joined 1979) and Dr. Summers (joined 1991). The present clinic on South Street in Freeport was built in 1947 and remodeled in 1993. The practice specialized in both large and small animal care until 2009, when it became exclusively small animal. In addition to routine animal care and surgery, we are pleased to offer an in house blood chemistry analyzer, a digital X-ray, and a dental ultrasound for teeth cleaning and polishing. For preventative care for your pet, we also supply flea, tick, and heartworm treatment products as well as Hills prescription Science Diet.
As an established member of the Freeport community, we enjoy working with Career Tech and local school districts, both professionally and personally with job shadowing and mentoring. Whenever possible, the veterinarians at the Freeport Animal Hospital give educational lectures to groups. We also support local services and charities to help build a better community for people (and pets).